Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

NetNewsWire upgrade provides key missing link to David Handy - Blogger workflow

I am very pleased.

The workflow for this blog, on my Mac, is NetNewsWire.app-to-MarsEdit.app-to-Blogger website.

On my new iPad 2, the workflow became FeedlerRSS.app-toBlogger.app-to-Blogger website.

This morning I upgraded NetNewsWire to its latest free (albeit ad-supported) version. Its support for syncing with Google Reader provides the last missing link in giving me the same kind of workflow on my iPad as I do on my Mac.

I've benn using FeedlerRSS on my iPad and syncing with Google Reader. Or, rather I've stopped using it because until now NetNewsWire didn't sync with Google Reader.

Now my workflow will be much more efficient. I can read on my iPad in FeedlerRSS and go to my desktop and
NetNewsWire to post to MarsEdit.

Or, in a pinch, do what I'm doing now: composing a post in the iPhone Blogger app. ;)