Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Watch out, world! I'm actually going to blog original content.

Because I saw the singer for one of my most favorite bands of all-time on a TV show.



So, I'm kicking back this Sunday afternoon (not in the park with George), watching HULU, catching up on shows I've missed - in this case, BONES - "The Rocker in the Rinse Cycle".



As the opening credits roll, I see this episode guest-stars MICHAEL DES BARRES.



He was the lead singer of SILVERHEAD - whose self-titled debut album is still, 40 years later, one of my favorite albums. It must be one of my favorite albums 'cause I still play it almost everytime I get drunk with my drinking buddies.



Their second, and final, album was "Sixteen and Savaged." I think he was later lead singer for a band called DETECTIVE.



He transitioned into acting, and I've seen him exactly four times now (although, now I know that he appeared on a lot of other shows I might have watched). The first time was an episode of "St. Elsewhere". The second, "My Sister Sam". The third, an episode of "ALIAS". And, now, the fourth, this episode of BONES.