Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2007

10.4: Create new iCal events from anywhere

10.4: Create new iCal events from anywhere: "I've been looking for a way to add new events to iCal without having to switch to iCal when an email or a phone call comes in. While an internet search came up with Event Maker which lets you add iCal events based on an email, I wanted something I could pull up regardless of the app I was working in at the time. Then I discovered that Automator had what I needed.



Open Automator, and click on the iCal icon in the Library column (under Applications). Drag the New iCal Events action into the workflow window. Save the workflow as an application, and you're done. Now you can:


  • Put the application on the dock, in the sidebar, in the toolbar, or...

  • ...add it to your Butler configuration and assign it a hot key, or...

  • ...pull it up with Quicksilver, Launchbar, or Butler when needed.


When you run it, you can set the date, time, calendar, etc. The o...

"


Mac OS X Hints - http://www.macosxhints.com