Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

How to sign digital documents

How to sign digital documents: I’ve received some electronic documents that I’m supposed to sign. I could print and sign them and mail them back, but I’ve heard there’s a way to sign them right on my Mac. Do you know how it’s done?

You have a couple of options. If you’re running Mac OS X Lion or later, you can take advantage of Preview’s Signature feature. Alternatively, you can use Adobe’s Acrobat Reader. We'll start with Preview.

A Signature Capture window will appear and your Mac’s camera will light up. Scrawl out your John Hancock on a piece of paper and place that paper before the camera so that the signature aligns with the blue line in the viewer area. Signature Capture will grab your signature and display it to the right of the viewer. Click the Accept button and the signature will be added to Preview’s list of available signatures.