Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2008

Make a Pandora (or any web page) into a program

Make a Pandora (or any web page) into a program: "I love using Pandora Radio, but always hated having a separate browser window open all the time. As a solution, I discovered the excellent (and free) Fluid.app, which will make a free-standing application out of a web-app -- and even better, can convert your app to a menu-bar extra!

I just opened Pandora, clicked on the 'mini-browser,' and then copied that address into Fluid.app. After creating the program, simply click on the Fluid menu choose Convert to MenuExtra SSB. You can even go to Preferences in your program (prior to converting) and select window styles and transparency.

So I now have a small menu extra with a pop-up semi-transparent window that I can instantly open and play/pause Pandora without keeping a separate browser-window open. Of course, Fluid can be used to make apps out of any other webpage as well. I hope others enjoy this as much as I am.

"


Mac OS X Hints - http://www.macosxhints.com